I was supposed to return in August but I was enjoying my blogging break so much that I decided to break a little longer. Remember, I was only breaking from blogging.
During my time off, I started going through all of my research files and documents. I have a lot of ish! That’s understandable considering I’ve been collecting information and stories since 2009. And I have some good stuff with the support of people who would like to see my book come to life as much as I would.
Roller Skate Research Updates
I submitted proposals to the Chicago History Museum and DuSable History Museum for roller skating exhibits. So far, the response has been favorable. Both decision makers said that they would present the ideas to their committees and get back to me. If all goes well, I can get the exhibits in both museums at the same time.
After submitting my ideas, I have determined that I will complete my roller skating book in 2015. There’s no need to continue to put this on hold. However, there are things I need to make this happen.
1. Research assistance. If you read anything about Chicago roller skating or black roller skating in Chicago, please e-mail it to me at email@example.com
2. Funds to pay researchers and interviewers. I plan to conduct a 30-day crowdfunding campaign to raise the funds. Also, I’m considering sponsors for my project. If you know of companies I should pursue, please let me know.
3. More pictures and video clips are needed. Please ask people you know if they have pictures they are willing to share. If so, have them to contact me so we can discuss specifics.
4. Stories for roller skaters. Ask any roller skaters you know if they are willing to take my survey. If they are, let me know if they are and I’ll contact them.
5. Prayers. Please pray for cooperation and good vibes throughout this process.
That’s it for now. I will continue my posting schedule of every other week. Contact me if you need me.